Wednesday, August 17, 2011

divas and dreams workshop

We are in week 2 of the workshop at Divas and Dreams and it couldn't be more interesting and rewarding.
Christina Greve is such a perfect instructor and photographer! I think I am really improving, from week one! I'm superexcited about this course.
This is a brief explanation of the task for the homework assignment. The thing is to try the settings of your camera - I shoot mostly manual, so there was no problem in that- and then about light, natural light from windows, reflectors and white surfaces.
The topic: flower arrangement.
The result:
fennel, a spice for Wednesdays.

Using one of One Willow presets for LR, I think it was Secret Garden.


The setting was: yes, I went to Ikea for a white board!, the background color is one of my husband's Tshirts -he's got them in almost every color you can imagine!.
Then I used a Latsolite reflector, golden side (I think the white side is too dirty to work), and a soft cloth covering the window to avoid direct sunlight.

I tested both my nikon 50mm 1.8 and the sigma 50mm 2.8 macro:
(The background was changed)



Finally, a collage with some of the takes:




3 comments: